It's not very green to replace batteries, lamps and entire fixtures every year.
- Energy Efficiency
- Unlimited Service Life
- Reliable & Effective in all Emergency & Hazardous Conditions
- Fail Safe Operation in all Light & Dark Evacuation Situations
- Works when Electrical Emergency Systems Fail
- Tested to the Same Performance Standards as Electrical Emergency Lighting
- Compliant with building & fire codes and NFPA 101 Life Safety Code
- Accepted and recommended by Life Safety, Fire Safety & Code Professionals
- EverGlow Photoluminescent Exit Signs contain no lamps, LEDs, electronics or batteries.
- Photoluminescent emergency lighting consumes ZERO energy; no electrical connection is necessary.
- EverGlow exit lights can be expected to last the life of your facility with NO failures.
- EverGlow exit signs have a 25 year limited warranty for interior installations.
- With no electrical source, EverGlow exit lights can be safely used in any hazardous environment.
- EverGlow exits are 100% aluminum and easy to recycle.
- Radioluminescent exit signs contain a radioactive and toxic component- tritium
- The use of tritium exit signs is prohibited by the US Department of Defense, the city of Berkeley, CA, and numerous college campuses
- Tritium exit signs last for only 10, 15 or 20 years; until the radioactive tritium is exhausted
- Tritium is monitored and controlled by the NRC- Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- Failure to comply with NRC requirements regarding the use and disposal of tritium exit signs may result in severe penalties
- Tritium, escaping from broken or damaged exit signs, will contaminate your facility and could result in huge liability or safety issues
- Clean-up of tritium is an enormously costly and complicated process